At ACST, we use technology to enrich the learning experience, communicate effectively, and solve complex problems. We use critical thinking skills to research, plan, evaluate and create with technology.
Goals of Technology Department
The ACST Technology Department will provide:
• Commitment to continuous improvement
• Leadership and guidance in the thoughtful use of technology
• Effective support with well-trained staff
• Access to a range of technology resources
• Reliable and up-to-date systems
• Systems that promote communications and collaboration
• Training opportunities that promote ethical and effective use of technology
ACST follows the International Society of Technology in Education (ISTE) Standards for Educational Technology (NETs). The ISTE NETs are broken into six categories of standards:
• Creativity and Innovation
• Communication and Collaboration
• Research and Information Fluency
• Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Digital Citizenship
• Technology Operations and Concepts
A great deal of learning about technology happens as teachers integrate technology into their classrooms. In addition, ACST offers specific technology courses at the Middle and High School levels. In Middle School we strive to expand students’ ideas about what technology is and how it affects their lives. At the High School Level we offer classes in Technology for Academic Success, Media Arts, and IB Design Technology.
To support technology integration in the classrooms and throughout the curriculum, ACST has one dedicated Technology Integration Specialists for Elementary School.
ACST offers access to networked computers in a variety of places including:
• IT Hub - Tech Support.
• Integration Lab - 16 computers
• Design Technology Lab - 21 computers
• Elementary Classrooms KG-5 - 1-2 Computers per class.
• iPads 1:1 for grades 2-5. Small class sets for other grade levels.
• Academic Support/EAL - Small set of iPads.
• Science Lab - 10 computers
• Secondary School Library - 30 computers
• Elementary Library - 4 computers
• Secondary School. Distributed laptops. iMacs.
• World Languages - Carts.
In addition to computers, students and teachers have access to:
• Campus-wide WiFi access
• Print services (B&W and limited color)
• 3D printing (Tech Lab)
• Data projectors and audio systems in all classrooms
• Document cameras in most classrooms
• Digital Cameras available for check out in libraries
• Kindles (Library)
• Scientific probes and sensors
• Graphic tablets
• ACST Google Apps for Education accounts (Grade 3-12)
• Moodle Virtual Learning Environment (Secondary)
• PowerSchool students/parents portal (Secondary)
• Managebac to help manage IB CAS work
• A range of online databases and resources
• Lego Robotics, Arduino and Raspberry Pi equipment
• Various wood working hand and power tools in the Technology Lab (Secondary)