The 2016 Parent Survey was sent out electronically to all parents in May. Parents were asked to complete a questionnaire for each child they have at the school.
The total number of respondents completing the survey was 167, representing a response rate of approximately 39%. This level of response is in keeping with average response rates for surveys in general.
Basic Demographic Information
- 45% of responses were for children in the elementary school
- 55% for children in secondary school.
- 16% of responses were for PreK
- 29% of responses were for Kg-G5
- 25% of responses were for middle school (G6-8)
- 30% of responses were for G9-G12
Time spent at ACST
- 19% of respondents have been at ACST less than one year
- 24% of respondents have been at ACST between 1-2 years
- 40% of respondents have been at ACST between 3-4 years
- 10% of respondents have been at ACST between 5-6 years
- 7% of respondents have been at ACST for more than 6 years
Summary of Parent Comments
Most comments in response to the open-ended questions reflected opinions, both supportive and opposed to, expressed in the multiple-choice survey questions.
Numbers of Comments per Section
- General Rating of the School (12)
- Teaching and Learning Experience (21)
- Parent Teacher Liaison (20)
- Additional Learning Activities Beyond the Classroom (20)
- School Administration (22)